1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, email address, contact numbers, and postal address)
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
• Any other information that you choose to send to us
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking 'Tools', 'Internet Options', 'Privacy', and selecting 'Block all cookies' using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
3. Data Protection Notice
The information provided by you will be held and processed by Helsby Golf Club Ltd for record-keeping, analysis for marketing or advertising purposes, and for sending you newsletters and other information directly connected with the business of the Helsby Golf Club Ltd.
Subject to applicable data protection legislation, Helsby Golf Club Ltd may give information about you and your application to:
• Its employees and agents, to deal with your Membership and Member's accounts, and on the understanding that they keep such information confidential;
• The Club Professional, to assist with dealing with the membership/handicap administration and for the purposes of communicating club news, updates and promotion relating to the Pro Shop via e-mail, members are welcome to unsubscribe from this service at any time
• Anyone to whom it transfers or may transfer its rights and duties under its agreement with you
• Helsby Golf Club Ltd will not pass on your personal details to anyone else without your prior consent. From time to time wet issue marketing material about other services and products provided by Helsby Golf Club Ltd. Should you wish to cease to receive marketing material via e-mail, you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time by following the link at the bottom of each e-mail or by contacting the office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Other Disclosures
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others For the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk), and
• To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are or are contemplating selling.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
By law you are entitled to a copy of any 'personal data' (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) about you that Helsby Golf Club Ltd holds. If you wish to see this information at any time, you must make a written request. Please send this to the office in the first instance. You will have to pay a fee of £10. Helsby Golf Club Ltd has a legal duty to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please help to do this by immediately notifying us of any changes to your information.
8. Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.